Saturday, March 29, 2008

Egg Recipe

Today I learned how to make a new kind of egg. You will need one egg, salt, and pepper.

  1. Place egg in a small saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, toast bread. Butter, and then cut in half diagonally. Remove egg from saucepan. Briskly tap wider end of egg with the back of a spoon until shell cracks. Remove the cracked top with the spoon. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with the toast.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Symington said...

I use to eat eggs like this in England. It was my favorite. You can buy egg holders so you don't have to use your hands. Mine had a pink my little pony on it. I would cut the toast into thin strips and dunk them in the egg yolk. For some reason I called the toast "Soldiers".