July is the month of ice cream!! That's right!! You heard me, July is ice cream month!!
My family and I love to make zip-lock bag ice cream. Its fast, easy, tasty, and COLD! Below is a recipe for it.
- 1/2 cup milk (it does not matter what kind)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla ( you can try other flavors too or use chocolate syrup)
- pint size zip-lock bag
- quart or larger zip-lock bag
- LOTS of ice!!
- 6 tablespoons of salt (rock works best, but you can use regular.)
- Add everything into the pint size bag.
- Then place the smaller bag into the larger bag.
- Add ice until it is full half way, with the salt (it works best with rock salt, but you can use regular.)
- Zip that bag up, rap it in a towel, (your hands will be icicles if you do not) and then shake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!